Wednesday 6 October 2010

Curry was a success!

The boys loved the curry. Non curry-eating son even had seconds. Sweet, as my boys would say.

Watching the news about the sludge in Hungary. My Mum told me about it this morning. She was very relieved I was back from Budapest. The sludge is 100 miles from Budapest but it just shows you that mums never stop worrying.

Just when I think that things are getting better at youngest son's school, they piss me off. Second week in a row that they have not sorted his homework out. I have to see the teacher in the morning but can already anticipate insincere apology and patronising tone.

I got an email from Amazon today with some recommendations. They weren't to know I was detoxing from self-help books.

It has been the usual midweek arguments here with the tired boys.

Conversation between youngest son and me.

L: No-one listens to a word I say in this family.

Me: Poor you. Better call childline.

L: I might just do that.

As I am typing this, I can here shouting in the upper echelons of my house. Best to ignore it and pour another glass of Shiraz.

No comments:

Post a Comment