Thursday 2 June 2011

Sunshine and strawberries

Tomorrow I will be planting my strawberry plants and my long awaited cucumber plant. Not the best week to be vegetarian what with the ecoli. I figure it will turn out to be from meat.

We are meeting friends for a meal in a couple of weeks for dinner. I just checked out the website and it's a French restaurant with no sign of a vegetarian main course. Hopefully the website is not up to date.

After no initial signs of slugs in all this dry weather, I am now battling slugs as well as the cat from next door. How do you know what has been eating your crops? All I know is something has had a go at my kohlrabi plant.

I had to Google to figure out when I could harvest my spuds. I really haven's got a clue. And I didn't know what a sideshoot was until my OH should be last night. Still the tomato plants are flowering which is good. Will need to feed them tomorrow. So much to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment